Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Danger of Bitterness

I think the loss of a child hurts so much that it is way too easy to let our emotions lash out like a wounded animal. I know it is so easy to be jealous and resentful when others become pregnant or have such problem-free pregnancies. This is so understandable in the weakness of our humanity, but it is a wrong direction we need to beware of - it will only make our situation worse. Instead, we should listen to the Word:

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

It shakes me up to realize that this behavior grieves the Holy Spirit. I know that He is interceding for me "with groanings too deep for words." I am thankful for that, I do not need to be grieving Him.

There's more I want to write about this - I feel like this is a huge trap set for us - but there's no time today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful post Melanie. I have had some mention to me lately that they expected me to be exhibiting some of the characteristics that were posted here, and were surprised that I was not. One person who had followed along on my blog, felt that I had worked it out these last several weeks waiting for Corban to be born....I don't know the answer myself, but while there are moments of anxiety, sorrow, etc. I an truly say Thank You Lord, for this time in my life. Love and God Bless, Melissa D. SC