Monday, July 9, 2007

Hope!

I called this blog "Hope in Miscarriage" because nearly everything I saw on the net seemed so sad and hopeless, so many stories seemed so angry and bitter. I needed a light! A path to get through this! Hope!

As the Lord walked with me through this valley of death, I began to see what the Psalmist was talking about:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
And I realized what I was seeing in so many places on the net was the despair of grief for those who truly had no hope. I don't know how they live through it. I don't think I'm strong enough to endure these trials without the hope of heaven and the fellowship of Christ.

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Refrain

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!
O how sweet to trust in Jesus,J
ust to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Refrain

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Refrain

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Refrain
Dear friends, don't try to walk this path alone. It is beyond our ability. Our Father in heaven laid His own Son, innocent and holy, in a grave in the prime of life. He knows our pain. We can not be good enough to deserve His favor or forgiveness. We break His Law all the time. Have you taken a look at the Ten Commandments recently? There is not one of us that has not envied someone or dishonored our parents or taken the Lord's name in vain. We are all guilty - condemned, but His love has found a way - the death of His own Son. Surely those of us reading this blog understand to some small degree the sacrifice of love God gave when He directed His wrath to His Son Jesus Christ instead of us. He calls us to repent and believe. There is nothing better you can do in this trial - in all of life - then to put your faith in Him who will never forsake you!
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and
o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!
Let me tell you this is true! I have proved Him again and again. He will never leave you or forsake you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you would like to here a great song on hope....go to this link: http://www.victoriousvalleyhomes.com/ click on tapes and CD's on the left menu when the next page comes up scroll down until you see the cd entitled There Is Hope... next to that the song title Hope is underlined. Click on it and you can save it to your hard drive....this is the most wonderful song about hope...it helped me out so much going through Corban's loss, I hope it can help others. Melissa D. SC

Anonymous said...

Another momys sent me your blog today. I am sorry for your loss, and thankful you are leaning so heavily into the Lord! It is not any easy road to walk, I know. Praise the Lord we have the hope we have in the place He prepares for us.
Many blessings,
Tina