Friday, December 21, 2007

The Oil of Joy for Mourning

To all who are struggling with missing a child this Christmas season, I commend to you our Lord Jesus Christ who is:

"To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”

May He wrap you in His arms and help you to see the eternal future where our children await us. May He wash you clean of your sins and prepare you to join them in heaven: repent of your sins and trust His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for your sins. Then you will be right before God and look forward with joy to heaven.

I love you and pray His comfort for you!

Much love,
Melanie

1 comment:

Deedee said...

I'm praying for you my dear sister! I'm many years down this road, but vividly remember those first Christmas's. May you feel Him close and His loving arms around you this Christmas season! And please give yourself permission to cry - you will cope with it all much better if you do. Trust me - I learned that one the hard way!! LOL! Have a wonderful time with your family and hold them close. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing and thinking of us at this time. You are truely precious!