Friday, November 16, 2007

Someone's Missing

My very dh and I have noticed that when it is time for the Lord to give us another child, we always start feeling like someone is missing, especially when we look around to make sure all the children are with us.

Tonight dh came home from a business trip and we sat down as a complete family for the first time in three weeks. He and I both several times looked around, thinking everyone was not at the table yet - but, they were! We then looked at each other and I said, "Someone is missing."

This was really hard this summer, as my "child count" in my head was already messed up because of the twins, when our eldest left to spend the summer out of the country. All summer I felt like I wasn't entirely sure how many children I had, much less how many were supposed to be with me. Weird.

No comments: